24 (love) letters

No comments

An open letter to the one i loved,
Break every bone in my right hand, so that it will keep me from writing about you.
Crushed my heart and broke my thoughts down so I could feed them to you, but you let me starve while eating my soul and puked it right into my face later on.
Describe it in pretty pictures of dying butterflies, that are stuck  in my ribcage, but I’m just throwing up caterpillers.
Everything I wrote about, was a lie, every time I’d twist reality,turn it,distort it, until it bleed into heart and I could cry out every word of pain, I’ve never felt.
Fix me and then bite into my flesh and break everything inside of me,
I wanted you to know what my heart sounds like at 4am, but I wanted you to crush it between your fingers, too.
Go straight to hell with me once we died”,
you used to say,
“because living with you was heaven on earth.”
Here’s to screw forgiveness, screw the past, screw you,
I wish I didn’t, 
here’s to unrequired love, ignorance and fucking pain
In the library by day and in stranger’s bedrooms at night, 
insert knowledge into your brain and then your cock into
 – my heart like a knife.
Jesus himself even knows that you’ll never be able to love someone beside yourself,
"Kiss me”, I whispered in your ear that last night,
“even though bad words came out of my mouth” 
and you said even worse words to me back, when my lips touched your body.
Longest and most painful death is to fall in love and then crash on reality.
My mother taught me that clinging on a life saver won’t teach you how to swim and that you’ll drown eventually, so
Now i'm just a pile of misplaced memories, rotting regrets and burning books of untold stories. 
Once life cut so deep in my veins, I called you crying for help and you came over and wrote a poem about the beauty of death, while I was dying.
People who are waiting, listen: they say ‘no answer is an answer aswell’, but let’s be honest, no answer is just a never ending vacuum of false interpretation, anxious boredom and dying hope.
Q, I’m always saying this, that I’ll leave you, but now I really stop dropping everything for you, I’ll pick up my scrambled thoughts like broken eggs, which I’ve bleed out 5 times, since I last saw you and leave.
Remeber how I would grab the numbers out of the clock and stop the sun from setting and the moon from rising with my bare hands, just for you?
Sticking parts of you i find in myself on other things that bother me to create the monster within I want to kill, so I could sleep at night, is what i do now. But after that I'll never write about you again.
Talking for hours, is what we used to do at this time of the day, 
or maybe you just talked and I pictured my world around you, 
how I would fit in it, how I could change 
to wrap my life around your body like a warming blanket.
Ultimatums have their consequences and this is it, i hope the sharp edges of every letter cut your face until you cry tears of blood
Valentine's day is the day of love and caring, i'll start practising self-care today. 
Whose future memories are we really burying here - 
beneath all the new phone numbers and cookie crumbs, 
inbetween his  sheets and my legs - 
yours or mine? Think about it and never call me again.

Xoxo

Yours truly (never again)

Z.

No comments :

Post a Comment