Breakfast at Tiffany’s

No comments











I’m hungry and I want to get some breakfast after I laid awake 
and cursed the whole night through,
because I couldn’t  stop thinking about you.

This won’t even be poetry so fuck the rhymes, 
I can’t even write -
I’m so stupid.

No actually, i’m pretty intelligent, 
but never as intelligent as you claim to be.
I guess I’m stupid because I thought it would be different this time.
But you’re stupid as well, because you made the same mistake again.

We talk for hours, 
or maybe you just talk and I picture my world around you, 
how I would fit in it, how I could change 
to wrap my life around your body like a warming blanket.

You say, we have nothing in common 
and all I can think about is this song, 
and I ask you about breakfast at tiffany’s and you just don’t care.
The only thing we have in common is that we both love you.

You tell me about the pretty mouth that you're kissing 
and sharing your coffee in the morning with now, 
about the eyes that you are able to see every day at work
and the hair you find inbetween your pillows.

You'd show me a x-ray of her head if that could make me see how clever she is 
and list all the things you have in common.-
My best friend says she probably just you in a wig, 
because we know you’ll never be able to love someone beside yourself.

Sorry my soul is just a deep blue something, like my eyes,
i know they are not pretty enough,
sorry my brain cells are just full of useless stuff and unbalanced chemicals,
sorry i don't speak your language and sorry for using mine now.

I thought I was one of those people who knew you 
and I felt like you wanted to get to know me,too, 
but after all these years it’s almost over for me and for you it never even started.
I was dropping hints like bricks, but all they did was silently land on my foot and hurt me.

You go to the library by day and into stranger’s bedrooms at night, 
insert knowledge into your brain and then your cock into
 – my heart like a knife.
I do neither of those, I feed my brain with thoughts of us 
and your rejection fucks me (over) enough.

I’ll do the same thing over and over again,
because I go lightly 
and it seems like I enjoy the pain 
as long as it means that I could stay by your side, 
even though you never look at me like Paul looked at Holly.

I’ll wait for you, until you get out of your little box, 
out of that prison you built yourself 
out of arrogance and to protect your heart 
and I’ll wait for you, until we both turn to dust …

…and the vacuum cleaner get us - 
because fuck cheesy metaphors, I don’t want to wait forever, 
but my feet are glued to the ground where you spoke with a honey filled voice to me.

I knew life wasn’t a romantic comedy, but at least I tried 
and you’re just a dream maker, a heart breaker, 
I thought we were after the same rainbow’s end, but I’ll eat my breakfast alone.

No comments :

Post a Comment